Friday, 29 November 2013

The Lipstick Tag

While my love affair with lipsticks came later other make-up products they are now my obsession. I have way too many, and love it. So I just had to do this tag.




How many lipsticks do you own?
I have an embarrassing amount, I don't even want to try and count it but to give you a scale I have about ten 'favourites' and that's barley even scratching the surface.

What was your first ever lipstick?
Clinque's Blushing nude, and I still love brown-toned rose shades.

What is your favourite brand for lipstick?
Revlon. I love them, I have at least 20 lipsticks from them (don't judge) as well as lip stains and even a gloss. I just think they have a great pigmented formulation that goes across the board form their Lip Butters to the Superlustrous, if I ever need (Okay maybe need isn't the right word...) shade I always look there first.

What is your most worn lipstick?
Probably either Revlon's soft Rose which is sadly discontinued or their lip butter in Raspberry Pie. 

What is your favourite finish?
I love creamy/glossy finishes like the Revlon lip butters but I am also a fan of mattes as they have great wearing power so they are a great busy day go-to.

What was the last lipstick you bought?
If Sleek's Matte Me counts then that in Brink Pink if not then Revlon's Fire and Ice which I bought a few months ago so I'm pretty proud of myself.

How many lip products do you currently have in your bag? (including glosses and balms)
I'm taking this question as my go-to blazer as that's where I keep my most important stuff. I generally have 2 tinted balms (one in a light pink the other a rose shade) I may also bring along shade if I feel like it.

What lipstick do your use to rock a red lip?
The real question is what don't I? I do like Revlon's Lip Butter in Candy Apple, their Fire and Ice but I also a matte one by Sleek and a very orange toned one that was limited edition a few years ago by MAC. I also have the red lip4 by Sleek. I am under the delusion I have no reds so I am always buying them when actually I way to many.

How do you store your lipsticks?
I have 3 layers to my lip organisation. First is two section-thingeys with 6 sub-sections each (technical language I know) from muji all have a place and store by colour (eg reds, purples, light pinks etc), then I have a large tray from Muji where I store my favourites which alternate every few weeks. Then is the 2 or 3 I plan to wear that week which are kept where I keep all my go-to make-up. 

What lip products are you currently lusting after?
I love the look of  Revlon Matte Balm Stains, but they aren't out here until January.

-Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment